Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Connect MX revolution mouse with replacement receiver

Thank you Logitech for giving the wrong directions on how to connect my MX revolution mouse with a new replacement receiver I just bought. This is how it is really done.

1. Download the latest setpoint connect utility from Logitech's website (go to the Logitech support site, select the mx mouse and downloads) currently here: Logitech MX Downloads

2. When the connect utility starts and asks you to turn off the power to your mouse and then turn it back on to complete the pairing process. You will feel like you have nothing better to do but to retry a few times before searching for this tip...

You will have completed done this:
2 times if your good (I'm in this category),
3 times if you are just learning about computers,
any more then you are a nitwit... Sorry but its worth it because I have the answer.

  • Turn on the mouse
  • Hold the left mouse button down
  • Turn off the power button then on again while continuing to hold the left mouse button down
  • Turn the mouse upside down (no I'm not kidding) while still holding the left mouse button down
  • Still holding the left mouse button, click and release the right mouse button 5 times
  • Then finally release the left mouse button
Viola your mouse should be paired with the new receiver.

Now if that doesn't work, then you might just have the wrong receiver for your mouse. Apparently there are a couple of different versions depending on what year/model your mouse actually is.

I found this on the Logitech Website:

If you have lost or damaged your USB mini-receiver, you can purchase a replacement from the MX Revolution Parts Store. For only about $10 + reasonable shipping.

Your MX Revolution uses the following Logitech USB mini-receivers:

  • USB mini-receivers with P/N 810-000412 or 810-000826 are for the MX Revolution (07) mouse with P/N 810-000422.

    NOTE: The 810-000826 receiver may show the wrong re-connection instructions in Logitech Mouse and Keyboard software (SetPoint) or Logitech Control Center software (LCC). For assistance, please see Knowledge Base article 14097.

  • USB mini-receiver with P/N 831735-1000 is for the MX Revolution (06) mouse with P/N 831869-0000.

I love my MX revolution mouse and am back in business. I hope you enjoyed the read...

When you get a chance stop on by our website at www.hhicomputerguys.com

10 comments:

  1. didnt work for me. i've tried it 25 times, which means i'm more of a nitwit now than ever!

    bought a replacement receiver with P/N 810-000826.
    my mouse is P/N 810-000422.

    computer recognizes receiver but no matter what i do, doesn't recognize the mouse. yes, it's fully charged. it's also out of warranty.

    any other ideas? it was working fine when the last receiver broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo have to use an aplication of logitech was made for thats a conection assistants.

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried it and it works just fine for me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked but makes sure to PRESS HARD when you do the right clic... You'll feel like a "two stage clic"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not working for me.
    I just bought a second MX Revolution. The first one still works and works with this dongle, but with it turned off, I still can't connect the new one.
    Tried a few times, tried pressing hard on the right click (no second stage click). Grrrr.

    I basically bought the new one because it came with the charger (which I had lost in a move) and it was only a little more than trying to buy a new charger alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, on a hunch, I not only turned off the other working mouse, but I took it to the other end of the house. I also downloaded the "connection utility" that Lautaro suggested, but it just had the same directions as above. I also tried a different USB port, and when I did that, Windows tried installing the dongle drivers again. Some or all of those actions combined, along with four or five more attempts at the above directions, gave me success.
      I did note that once the new mouse was connected, the old one no longer worked. So I guess these dongles are really device (not just model) specific.

      Delete
  6. Scott at HH Computer guys, I had what I thought was a major problem and Scott within 5 min fixed it over the phone.I asked if I could at least buy him lunch ? He said just keep him in mind if I have another problem.
    He was a pleasure to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also tried it few times (more than three for sure, I used to consider myself as a good computer guy :) ), and the last attempt I did was to have the mouse reversed and press hard, really hard (it was easy, I was beginning to be upset) five times on the right button, and boom, finally it synced!
    If there was another mouse configured in the received, Logitech connection tool shows it in the advanced menu, it will be removed from the receiver, so it can support only one mouse at a time.
    To have two MX, I also got the other model mouse that uses the other model receiver, this way both mouses work at the same time. My goal was to always have a working mouse while the other is charging (I have a third Chinese vertical mouse in case once again I'm not too much of a good computer guy and both mouses are out of charge!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this actually worked. The key for me was finding the actual MX Revolution connection utility software which I finally found at the bottom of the page here:
    https://www.drivers-logitech.com/logitech-mx-revolution-driver/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the hard effort you've put in. I appreciate it and thank you for sharing it.
    Logitech Unifying Software

    ReplyDelete